CS302 Assignment Solution
Assignment No. 01 
Semester: Fall  2016
Digital Logic Design – CS302
Topics Covered: Number systems to
Boolean Algebra & Logic Simplification

Question No. 01                                                                                                      5 Marks
In the binary number system, we represent numeric values using two different symbols which is typically 0 and 1. Suppose we have a tertiary number system, which consists of three different symbols i.e. 0, 1 and 2. You have to perform the following operation defined in a given expression where we have to subtract a tertiary number from a decimal number and have to express the output in a binary number system.
(576)10 – (110002)3 = (_?_)2

Solution:
As you cannot perform any operation on two numbers that are on different Number System. So to perform the subtraction you need to convert the numbers to any one of the Binary, Tertiary or Decimal number systems. You can do so by Sum-Of-Weight Method that is explained in the handouts. 
Lets suppose you convert the tertiary number into decimal and then perform the subtraction, you will see that the tertiary number is actually 326 in decimal. After subtracting, the answer will be 250. Now you can convert this number into binary to give your final answer. 
The binary equivalent of 250 in Decimal is "11111010".

Question No. 02 (a)                                                                                             7 Marks
Suppose we have a digital circuit expressed through the following truth table. You have to write simplified Boolean expression using Boolean Algebra.
Note: You have to write the Boolean Algebra Rule name for each simplification step.

Solution:
For this you first need to make a Boolean expression from the given Truth Table. You can do so by using any of the two methods in Lecture 8-9 of CS302 handouts, namely SOP and POS. After you have the Boolean expression you can simplify it using Boolean Algebra Rules and Laws in the Lecture 9 from Handouts of CS302. Do write all the rules that you use for simplification otherwise you might lose some score in the result.
The final simplified expression should be "~B^~C v ~A^B^D".

Question No. 02 (b)                                                                                8 Marks
Draw the circuit diagram for the simplified Boolean expression obtained from Question No. 02 (a).

Solution:
This one is quite easy after you have the simplified Boolean expression. You can also use any tool to create the Circuit diagram and Insert Image of the diagram in the assignment solution file.

If you have any questions feel free to comment below. 
for creating the circuit diagram of the boolean expression you can use this online tool http://www.draw.io
Wink 
o yar koi cs302 assignment ka solution he dy do ko to bt sun lo Allah k bandou Sad  Sad
(11-14-2016, 05:43 PM)Princss Merry Wrote: o yar koi cs302 assignment ka solution he dy do ko to bt sun lo Allah k bandou Sad  Sad

Which step do you need help with? Let me know so I can explain further for you.
(11-14-2016, 05:43 PM)Princss Merry Wrote: o yar koi cs302 assignment ka solution he dy do ko to bt sun lo Allah k bandou Sad  Sad

Question one is quite straight forward. For question two, see the lecture 8 on how to simplify Boolean expressions.
For example: A.B.C + A.~B.C => A.C(B + ~B) => A.C(1) => A.C
Sad 
sub k sub selfish hn koi help ni kar rha Sad
(11-14-2016, 07:00 PM)Princss Merry Wrote: sub k sub selfish hn koi help ni kar rha Sad

Madam we are here to help. But making a copy/paste won't help you, not in learning, nor in grades. So its better that you learn how to do stuff than to just copy/paste blindly without knowing what you actually are suppose to do. 
It is against university policy too, believe me I have gotten ZERO marks after sharing assignments with others and the people who copied also got zero, so there is no point in sharing the whole assignment. 
You need help, we provide help. Ask whatever problem you're facing in your solution and we'll try our best to solve it for you. 
I hope you understand, 
Thank you
(11-15-2016, 08:25 AM)Rana Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 07:00 PM)Princss Merry Wrote: sub k sub selfish hn koi help ni kar rha Sad

Madam we are here to help. But making a copy/paste won't help you, not in learning, nor in grades. So its better that you learn how to do stuff than to just copy/paste blindly without knowing what you actually are suppose to do. 
It is against university policy too, believe me I have gotten ZERO marks after sharing assignments with others and the people who copied also got zero, so there is no point in sharing the whole assignment. 
You need help, we provide help. Ask whatever problem you're facing in your solution and we'll try our best to solve it for you. 
I hope you understand, 
Thank you

ok jnb thankx
No problem, just post whatever question you have and we can discuss their solutions. This way, we can learn more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CS601 Data Communication Assignment Solution Rana 0 493 11-26-2016, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Rana
Lightbulb Need CS502 Assignment no 1 solution Adorable Pakhtoon 3 231 11-17-2016, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Rubaisha(Moody Girl)
  CS502 assignment 1 Solution 2016 Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 680 11-17-2016, 04:18 PM
  CS602 assignment solution idea 2016 Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 203 11-16-2016, 10:49 AM
  MGT101 assignment solution 2016 Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 230 11-16-2016, 10:39 AM
  CS401 assignment 1 solution of question 1 Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 54 11-16-2016, 10:36 AM
  CS614 complete solution of assignment 1 2016 Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 220 11-16-2016, 10:22 AM
  CS304 Assignment 1 Solution - Fall 2016 Rana 1 509 11-10-2016, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Lahori
  Cs610 assignment solution Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 164 11-07-2016, 08:22 PM
  CS302 All Current Final Term Papers 20 August 2016 to 02 September 2016 Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 3 350 08-28-2016, 09:40 PM