Can you stay all day without using a computer?
Question 
[Image: tumblr_me663wXMnw1qe5aqs.gif]

Addiction or need? What would be your explanation for using your computer?  Rolleyes 

It's pretty clear that we are living in an increasingly modernized world and we have to keep up with the pace as efficiently as possible. However, not everyone who has become very familiar with the technological resources and prefer to do things in the old fashion way (for these types of people, the computer doesn't even exist Huh ).

It may be an exaggeration, but no one can be blamed for not following the trends.  Tongue
Wink 
Well, this is a tough one. I would say that computer is a need and good way to kill some time if you don't have anything planned.
If I have all-day plans then I don't need computer. I usually use it every day, I turn it on when I wake up and leave it on all the time I'm in the house. 
I check email first then do other tasks if I have them. I usually make arrangements with my friend and colleagues virtually (I rarely use my phone, I have all apps installed on my laptop) and if I need to check something with them, computer must be on.
On the days I have everything arranged in advance I don't turn it on, there is no need and I know I will be late for meeting if I start browsing  [Image: smile.png]
When I go on vacation, I don't even think about computer nor I take it with me. Vacation is reserved only for personal interaction and I'm really glad I do this.
I've seen some people, when on seaside, instead of taking sunbaths and swimming they prefer sitting in an internet cafe and playing games - that can't be a need, this is addiction.
This doesn't make much sense to me - you could've stayed home and save money you paid for vacation. 

We do live in a modern world, but it is a good thing to spend time in old fashioned way it - it makes us much closer [Image: wink.png]
(06-20-2017, 05:28 PM)poisongirl Wrote: Well, this is a tough one. I would say that computer is a need and good way to kill some time if you don't have anything planned.
If I have all-day plans then I don't need computer. I usually use it every day, I turn it on when I wake up and leave it on all the time I'm in the house. 
I check email first then do other tasks if I have them. I usually make arrangements with my friend and colleagues virtually (I rarely use my phone, I have all apps installed on my laptop) and if I need to check something with them, computer must be on.
On the days I have everything arranged in advance I don't turn it on, there is no need and I know I will be late for meeting if I start browsing  [Image: smile.png]
When I go on vacation, I don't even think about computer nor I take it with me. Vacation is reserved only for personal interaction and I'm really glad I do this.
I've seen some people, when on seaside, instead of taking sunbaths and swimming they prefer sitting in an internet cafe and playing games - that can't be a need, this is addiction.
This doesn't make much sense to me - you could've stayed home and save money you paid for vacation. 

We do live in a modern world, but it is a good thing to spend time in old fashioned way it - it makes us much closer [Image: wink.png]

I believe that the past shouldn't be forgotten and that the future should not be avoided.  Cool The ideal is that there is always a connection between these two bridges with the present that we currently live. All stages are interdependents. Smile
I suppose it really depends on what I'm doing for the day. If I was to go out with family or friends then I could probably last a day, maybe even a few, without using a computer. I don't really mind as long as I have company and something fun I could do. But let's say I was just at home, minding my own business when suddenly, I encountered the blue screen of death. I would probably go crazy, and I'm not even kidding. Yesterday I lost my internet connection for the whole day and I find myself babbling nonsense at times due to boredom and the feeling that I'm being isolated, watching "The Shining" for the first time didn't make it any easier either.
Well i guess not if i had a choice haha. I'd see no problems in resolving my problems using no technology if necessary but since we have technology available to help us why no enjoy it to its fullest?