ENG201 Assignment Solution
Here is my original solution of ENG201 Assignment 2. As lot of students got poor marks in this assignment, I would like to share mine with you for future guidance and idea. As the instructor said, the result was not satisfactory, most of the students did not completely followed the formats required for short report and letters, and a lot of people just copied the content from various online sources, here is an original solution that was completely written by me with absolutely 0% plagiarism guaranteed. 
ENG201 instructor said after the result announcement of Assignment 2 "The students should go through different report and letter writing formats in related lectures of Eng201 and on internet thoroughly." 

So here is mine as an example for all of you guys: 

Q1. Short Report (Memo Format)

To: Chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board

From: Rana Ahtsham Ul Haq, Manager of Pakistan Cricket Team

Date: 20th March 2016

Subject: Reasons behind Pakistan’s lost to India on 19th Mach 2016 at T20 WC Match in Kolkata

India defeated Pakistan in a Group 2 match of Super 10 stage at T20 World Cup 2016 quite comfortable in the end by 6 wickets on 19th March 2016 played at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. Pakistan’s batsmen were once again the culprit on this Super Saturday encounter falling way short of what could have been a par score on this batting friendly pitch and managed to score only 118 for 5 in the allotted 18 overs after the early showers reduced the 20-20 to 18 overs per side. Although Pakistan’s fast bowling duo Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Sami started off impressively by reducing India to 23-3 in 4.4 overs, the target of 119 was always too little for emphatic Indian batting line up which included the player of the match award winner Virat Kohli who was in supreme form and scored 55 of only 37 deliveries with 7 fours and a six. His partnership of 61 with the veteran Yuvraj Singh took the match away from Pakistan.

Early showers and wet outfield meant a late start of this night encounter, at some stages it appeared that there will not be any Cricket possible but fortunately for the expectant full house crowd of more than 61000, the high profile match was to be played with a slight reduction of 2 overs per side. India won the toss and as expected, chose to field first. Even this announcement by the presenter created a shivering in Pakistan’s fans because they knew their batsmen’s history of collapsing and especially on the bigger stages of World Cups where Pakistan were 0-10 versus their rivals, but there was a spring of hope as Pakistan has never lost on this ground of Kolkata. Pakistani openers started well with a compact opening stand of 38 in 7.4 overs and when the first wicket fell, the strangest thing happened as Afridi came out to bat at No. 3, it was unexpected even in the dugout of Pakistan Team, he failed and the pressure mounted as high numbers of Indian supporters in the ground erupted with cheers and joy. Umar Akmal and Shoaib Malik built a decent partnership but the final score looked way short, even to a lay man.

It appeared as Pakistan’s batting is just not up to the modern standards, poor shot selection and limited attack options with limiting ability to rotate strike are the points of great concern for the whole batting line up. Poor captaincy and decision making by Shahid Afridi also played a disastrous role as inform batsman Mohammad Hafeez came out to bat at No. 7 with only 3.4 overs to go and manager to play only 5 balls. Umar Akmal again threw his wicket away after he was well set, this seems to be a continuous pattern with him now and has hurt Pakistan many times. Ahmad Shehzad is too stylish and classy to play for the team’s sake and Shahid Afridi as a batsman, you can never count on him, and he will never be responsible. He was a clueless batsman, and is a clueless captain now. He is too instinctive to understand the game and play the situation. And his bowling has also been below par for quite some time and this match was not any different as he did not manage to pick up any wickets.

Pakistani bowling line up has always fared well and tried their best to minimize the dent made by Pakistani batsman, but this time like most in recent post, it failed to rectify it completely. Early efforts were made by the bowling sensation since his comeback Mohammad Amir with good support from Mohammad Sami who took 2 wickets in 2 balls, but other were very ordinary, Mohammad Irfan does not know where to bowl and Wahab Riaz thinks he can defeat every batsman with his pace, which he failed to do so with Yuvraj Singh and Virat Kohli.

All in all it was a poor performance by the whole team with only a couple of bright moments for the Pakistani fans. We need a lot of work on our batsman or we need to let others have an opportunity, because this squad is too experienced to fail this way and not compete up to the standards of modern cricket.

Q2. Technical Information Letter

Zac Pearson

AdMob Student App Challenge Winner

21 Downing Street

Springfield CA 90467

June 21, 2016

The Manager

WebCom Solutions Inc.

2789 Green Ave.

Olympia, WA 91102

Dear Sir:

I am writing to inform you that my app “BaconIt” has won the AdMob Student App Challenge 2016 organized by Google, and is now available for purchase to the best buyer. The buyer company will have the right to sale the application on any mobile app platform including play store, windows market and apple store. And will earn the 100% of ads revenue plus 80% of the in-app purchases.

BaconIt is a reddit client for all smartphone platforms written from the ground up with a dynamic UI and fast speed. Reddit is the web’s best source for news, events, politics, technology and much more. With BaconIt, you’re able to quickly browse the vast information on reddit with a quick, clean and beautiful interface.

Unique Features:

·        Dynamic User Interface that adapts to every screen size.

·        Speed, it is the fastest.

·        Beautiful “flip view” post navigation.

·        Global navigation menu.

·        Subreddit and comment flair!

·        Instant comments directory in flip view.

·        Inline markdown comment formatting.

·        Real-time comment markdown.

·        Subreddit sidebar support.

·        Trending subreddits.

·        Desktop wallpaper and lock screen updating.

·        User account and settings roaming.

·        In-depth reddit search supporting all search filters.

·        And so much more!

With a Google Award winning badge and 5 star rating from top app reviewing websites like Mashable, CNET and PCMag, the app has already built a large number of users in queue waiting for the launch of this application. It is an assured deal that buying this app will benefit your company and bring in huge sales for WebCom Solutions and increase its user base in millions.

I would be very happy to talk with you in person about the app, the deal and any more details you may require. You can call me on 555-2789-1102 or email me at pearsonzac@outlook.com.

Sincerely,

Zac Pearson
Software Engineering Student, VU.

PS. I got 16 marks in this assignment. If you got more, please share your assignment too so others can benefit from you as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENG201 All Current Final Term Papers 20 August 2016 to 02 September 2016 Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 1 254 08-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Rana
  Eng201 assignment solution Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 149 08-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Rubaisha(Moody Girl)
  Eng101 assignment solution Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 230 07-31-2016, 06:09 PM
  Eng 101 assignment idea solution dil 1 186 07-29-2016, 03:03 PM
  ENG201 GDB Solution Rana 0 230 07-15-2016, 08:45 AM
  Eng201 assignment solution Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 362 06-20-2016, 04:56 PM
  Eng201 all current midterm papers 2016 Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 221 06-01-2016, 07:48 PM
  Eng101 Assignment Solution Rubaisha(Moody Girl) 0 617 05-09-2016, 09:19 AM
  ENG201 Downloads Rana 0 330 05-05-2016, 04:36 PM