Poll: Employment: Private or Public Sector?
This poll is closed.
Private Sector
33.33%
1 33.33%
Public Sector
0%
0 0%
Both are Equal / Depends
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Employment: Private or Public Sector?
I was wondering, what do you consider is the best job prospect to have? In the Private sector, or in the Public one?

I've seen arguments for both positions, but the truth is that I haven't been able to decide which one offers the most benefits. 

Which one of them is most highly compensated? Is there a big difference between both sides, or does it depend only upon the type of industry that you decide to work on? I've personally heard that the private industry is highly rewarded, but that the government employees enjoy a more stable position at their workforce, and have more fixed benefits, even if the individual payment is lesser. 

What do you guys think? Is there a difference between both? Does it depend on the country? Or perhaps both are equal?
It depends largely on the country and area. You do have both good points there. The private sector offers a better perspective of professional growth and career options while the public sector offers stability. Around here the public sector is very saturated and very ineffective. Many people turn to Private sector due to the difficulty that is getting a job in the public sector. Still many people dream of working for the government due to it's benefits. Stability, good pays, the work isn't affected by the market's constant changes so many people strive for that. It depends largely on the individual's professional profile too.
I live in a third world country and based on my observations: private sectors are better. This might depend on the country however, but here in my country the public sectors don't get paid a lot and they also don't do a lot. Their equipment is old and outdated, and their work space is not really the best. It also doesn't look as good in your resume when compared to having worked in a private sector, assuming that both are of equal size of course, but then again, that's just my country and I could not account for the others out there.
(06-22-2017, 02:17 PM)arachnophobik Wrote: I live in a third world country and based on my observations: private sectors are better. This might depend on the country however, but here in my country the public sectors don't get paid a lot and they also don't do a lot. Their equipment is old and outdated, and their work space is not really the best. It also doesn't look as good in your resume when compared to having worked in a private sector, assuming that both are of equal size of course, but then again, that's just my country and I could not account for the others out there.

Same here in my country. Their equipment is outdated however the get paid a lot for doing virtually nothing and it's not like the can be fired anyways so. That is why everyone wants to work theses jobs. High pays and low work.
I agree that both public and private sectors have their own pros and cons. However, I believe its more of a personal choice. For those who would want to settle down and have a stable job being happy and content with whatever they earn, good for them, public sector would offer that. For those wanting to constantly grow professionally and get the opportunities to do what you actually love doing, private sector can give you that. Personally, I would prefer a private sector job since I'm looking for growth over stability at this moment.